CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15

Mousy Math- The Differentiated Version

Update on June 16:
I've revised the version I originally put on the blog.  I had a request to mix up the mice so that all the evens weren't boys and odds weren't girls.  I thought it was a great idea for a higher math group.  Debbie Diller would be proud!  If you have already downloaded Mousy Math, you might want to go back and get the newest version here.

Original blog post on June 15:
I found some adorable mouse clipart from Scrappin Doodles and had to figure out a way to use it.  Here's what I came up with.  It's a math center to practice with odd/even numbers at the beginning of the year.  Before I put it in a center, I'm planning to use the mice to visually show the odd-even pattern by lining up all the mice in number order.    

You could also have your kids put the boy mice in order, to practice counting by 2's.
 
To make the center, you'll need to print on cardstock and laminate.  Cut apart the mice and the cheese.  I've included a recording sheet. 



6 comments:

Amy C said...

Very cute! Thank you!

Cindy said...

Can mice be adorable??? :o) This is perfect for my kiddos! Thanks for sharing! :o)

Cindy
ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

Jen said...

Love this!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Would it be possible for you to make a second version and mix up the numbers on the mice so that not all of the girl mice are odd and the boys are even? My thought was a mixed up version would take the activity to a higher level for those who need a challenge. Just a suggestion though :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to do this :)

billi said...

You have some great ideas. Thanx for sharing