CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 20

National Geographic Kids

While we were studying about polar bears last week, I came across a resource I didn't know existed.  I thought I would share (in hopes I'm not the only one who didn't already know about it).
 I have used the National Geographic Kids website for several years now.  I have always used the search feature to find info on the animals we are studying.  Last week, I noticed they have a page for all animals (in one little spot all together).  You can get there by clicking on "Animals and Pets-- ALL"
It's even organized where the kids can easily find the animal they are looking for (either by type of animal or by habitat).  How great is that?!!
Each animal has a little info, some pictures, a video clip, a map to show where they live, and some have a sound bite. 
We studied the polar bear together, and then I let my kids look up an animal of their choice in the computer lab.  They were way into it!  It's definitely a place I'll send them when we research animal habitats.
A little funny story...  We were looking at the map (pictured above), when a child asks, "Mrs. Morse is that cross where Heaven is?"  What a sweetie pie!

3 comments:

Ginger Snaps said...

We are doing research on animals! This is great!

Ginger Snaps

MissSmartiePants said...

This is wonderful, thank you for sharing! I definately didn't know about this either (: Kylie

Kimberly said...

I love this! Thank you for thinking we might not know about it. I'm your newest follower! (thanks for following me too. :)

First in Maine